Sunday, January 7, 2007

2006 list of books read

Below is the list of books I read in 2006. I read almost twice this amount in 2005 and 2004, so this is embarrassing. I blame my low number on my new lack of subway riding, thanks to a move to Manhattan. What did you read last year that you liked? I'm always looking for new stuff.

The Sluts – Dennis Cooper
Donorboy – Brendan Halpin
The Truth (with Jokes) – Al Franken
The Diviners – Rick Moody
Ice Haven – Daniel Clowes
How We Are Hungry – Dave Eggers
Men and Cartoons – Jonathan Lethem
Runaway – Alice Munro
Cage of Stars – Jacquelyn Mitchard
Thank You for Smoking – Christopher Buckley
Tender is the Night – F. Scott Fitzgerald
This Side of Paradise – F. Scott Fitzgerald
McSweeney’s Quarterly Concern #18
After the Plague – T. C. Boyle
The Nick Adams Stories – Earnest Hemingway
The Crucible – Arthur Miller
A Three-Dog Life – Abigail Thomas
The Namesake – Jhumpa Lahiri
If the River Was Whiskey – T.C. Boyle
The Year of Magical Thinking – Joan Didion
What is the What – Dave Eggers
The Sketch Book - Washington Irving (as of yet I'm a third of the way through)

1 comment:

corinne said...

I love that you do that. I remember, at the beginning of last year I was very inspired by you and started my own list, but then moved, forgot about it, and haven't added to it in ages. To copy you completely, I am posting my list on my site now.
http://mymonkey.typepad.com/